Friday, April 22, 2016

S -- Sad movies always make me cry

In the song, Sad movies always make me cry by Sue Thompson, the narrator suffers a betrayal on the part of her boyfriend and her best friend.

Even as a child, I felt keenly this unnamed woman's misery at how she was being cheated by the two people she loved the most. And of how she wept in secret. Of how she watched them, seated there in front of her in the movie theatre, ripping apart her trust and faith.

The saddest part was when her mother sees her tears and asks her what is bothering her. And she replies, Sad movies always make me cry. 

This video shows her performing this song in 1991. She first sang it in 1961.


1 comment:

  1. Never heard this song before. Guess I was too busy raising kids at the time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...