Monday, April 11, 2016

I -- I can see clearly now, I will survive

I can see clearly now by Johnny Nash. Something about the lyrics of that song or the upbeat tune, I don’t know for sure, always made me feel a wee bit more positive and optimistic about my situation. No matter what circumstances I was going through at the time.



It was my instant, pick-me-up, feel good song.

I would listen to the words, and just like that, my spirits would be uplifted.



I will survive by Gloria Gaynor had her expressing her determination not to give in to the overwhelming sadness of a devastatingly hurtful breakup.






I was very young when I listened to this song. Even so, I was struck by the fierce grit in her voice, as she insisted that she would survive.


3 comments:

  1. I have the single of 'I will Survive'. I can't tell you how many times I played that after my divorce. And survive I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool songs, both of them. My go-to song for an immediate jolt of feel-good is Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill :)

    Happy A2Z-ing!
    Guilie @ Life In Dogs (and member of co-host Damyanti's team, D's Company )

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely collection cynthia... am loving these songs, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...