Saturday, April 29, 2017

Ya’burnee

Love, as some song-writer said, is a many-splendoured thing, and we’ve all faced one or more of those splendours at some point or the other in our lives. 

The word I have for you today is one that, I think, transcends those splendours. It’s when you love someone so much, you cannot imagine a life without them. And so you wish that death might come for you before it comes for them.


Presenting Ya’burnee, an Arabic word that is the literal translation of the phrase, ‘You bury me.’ 

In other words, Ya’burnee describes the emotion of loving someone so much that one would rather die than lose that much loved person.

It reminds me of this quote from Pooh’s Little Instruction Book, “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” 


Is there anyone you feel strongly Ya’burnee about?

6 comments:

  1. I think many couples feel this way about one another. My grandfather never got over my grandmother's death and I really believe he died of a broken heart. Ya’burnee is an interesting word. Thanks for sharing. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling Ya'burnee is one of the signs of any really deep relationship. You can't imagine life without that special person.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cynthia - we do see this when we hear of one half of a couple going and the other goes very soon after ... but the word Ya'burnee is an interesting one ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/y-is-for-y-artists.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Hilary, I've seen many examples of Ya'burnee. It's like the heart literally gives up.

      Delete
  3. I think Pooh comes up with the best quotes. I think he summed up Ya’burnee very well.

    Suzy at Someday Somewhere - You are ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...