Thursday, April 21, 2016

R -- Rasputin

I first heard about Rasputin through Boney M. They painted an intriguing picture of a manipulator who get close to the power base through healing the Queen's son, and then through an affair with her.

Our history books mentioned Rasputin only in passing, so I was mighty pleased that I had some inside knowledge of the man.




The song itself painted a very colourful picture of his life and his death. It was all very interesting.

And at the end, we got to say, "Oh, those Russians!"

As if people weren't the exact same no matter where you went.

3 comments:

  1. I love this song! It's so fun! I think Rasputin is such a fascinating historical figure, especially as he was rumoured to have been poisoned, shot and drowned and took him ages to actually die.
    Good luck with the rest of the A-Z Challenge - the end is in sight!
    I'm writing about my favourite fictional characters for the A-Z Challenge over on ElenaSquareEyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rasputin was an interesting guy. Weird. Manipulative, and maybe even a little evil.
    But certainly interesting.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in St. Petersburg, we went to the home where Rasputin was 'done-in'. Never heard of the song.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...