Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am grateful for. . .

My kids. No matter how badly the day has treated me, no matter how dishevelled my hair and rumpled my attire may be, they want to leap into my arms as soon as I show up at the door.


Friends to whom you need neither apologise nor make excuses if you have been Missing In Action for too long.


The music of the '70s and the '80s, which unfailingly takes me back to my childhood.


Libraries and websites offering links to books. I can neither buy nor store all the books that I would like to read.


The blue of the deep blue sea and the myriad hues of green that surround us everywhere. Both succeed in soothing me.


The smell of freshly baked bread.


The taste of cool water on a hot, sweltering summer's day. No cola or flavoured drink can quench a parched throat as well as water can.


1 comment:

  1. Attitude of Gratitude. iLike.
    Looking forward to reading on next thursday.

    Let me add ...

    I am grateful for

    my vision...so I can enjoy the beauty surrounding me.

    for technology.. which helps me to keep in touch with loved one with ease. ( and read my best friend's works)

    Angela Peter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...